Back to School! Store
July 29, 2018
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Congregation Temple Israel
1 Rabbi Alvan D Rubin Dr
During the one day Back to School! Store, each preregistered child is assigned an adult volunteer to help them shop for brand new clothing and school supplies. NCJW STL partners with more than 50 social service agencies, churches and community service organizations to identify children whose needs are not being met by existing services.
We need over 600 volunteers on Sunday, July 29, 2018. Morning, midday and late afternoon shifts are available.
- Personal shoppers – Work individually with each child to help them select their items in the store. This is the best 3 hour volunteer experience you will ever have! Volunteers must be at least 18 years old. We need about 300 personal shoppers throughout the day. Male volunteers are also especially needed to help the boys.
- Behind the scenes – We need people to help on the event day in a variety of functions – traffic control throughout the store, dressing room attendants, shoe fitters and more. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- Teenagers can help too – On the day of the store, teens (ages 16 & 17) can help keep the store well stocked and organized. We will happily complete any forms teenagers need to give them credit for community service hours.
Setup and Breakdown Weeks:
- Setup week – The week before the store we need volunteers Wednesday – Friday to help us with setting up the store. We will be un-boxing items, cutting price tags off clothing, arranging the clothing by size. Morning, afternoon and evening shifts are available. Food is provided for all volunteers who work an entire day.
- Breakdown – The week after the event we need volunteers on Tuesday – Wednesday to help us box up the extra items. Morning, afternoon and evening shifts are available. Lunch is provided for all volunteers who work an entire day.
- Teenagers can help too – For setup and breakdown weeks, we can use teenagers (ages 14-17). We will happily complete any forms teenagers need to give them credit for community service hours.
All volunteer activities will be located at Congregation Temple Israel, #1 Rabbi Alvan D. Rubin Drive, 63141 in West St. Louis County at the corner of Ladue and Spoede Road. Click the sign-up button below to register.
Spread the Word:
Invite your friends and family to volunteer with you! It’s a great opportunity for parents and teens to give back to the community together. Don’t forget your Facebook friends too!
Click here to Volunteer
Click here to Sponsor a Child